“My passion is that I want to help people on a level beyond what they can physically touch. Like to get them to connect to themselves, their true self within.”
In today’s episode, I have a doctor, actress, mother, and founder of the Next Step Leadership Academy to discuss life transformation.
What to listen for:
- How to engage and call out our true selves in all aspects of life
- What it’s like to be an actress, Dr, and parent, and how Dr. Dravon manages her life and mindset
- How we can’t do anything of value in our lives without self-love, and how to attain that
“If you’ve ever sat down and you’ve been engrossed in some creative art, whatever it is for you, you realize that you sort of separate. And you go into this part of yourself that is your real true self where, you know, all of your fears and, you know, people pleasing, whatever it is for you, sort of take a backseat for a moment.”
- How self-awareness is crucial in understanding why and how we do things in life
- Understanding and learning how to separate ourselves from our true selves and our fears, pressures, etc…
- Being able to love and understand ourselves is critical in being able to see past our current circumstances and into the why behind them
- How our awareness of ourselves and our relationships can blind us or catapult us
“The ego sets us up to think that, oh, this will be the end of you. If you look this dead in the eye, it’s gonna be like Medusa; it’s gonna turn you to stone, it’s gonna kill you, and it will not.”
- Learn the ways that Dr. Dravon speaks to herself and can handle tough situations as an actress and a doctor.
- The importance of loving ourselves even in the midst of chaos and how important the words are that we speak to ourselves
- Even when life is tough, and it’s hard to look at ourselves due to our mistakes, we must first have a love for ourselves before we can move forward
“Your mind is like a hammer going rogue. It’ll either build a house or bust a window, so you gotta give it direction.”
- Learn how the words we speak to ourselves add or remove direction from that hammer
- How the power of meaningful mantras can change the thoughts in our heads and, ultimately, how we relate to ourselves and the world around us
- How to stay in a calm state of mind through gratitude and learn the practice Dr. Dravon uses each day to do this
About Dr. Dravon James
Dr. Dravon James is the Founder of the Next Step Leadership Academy, a company that empowers women to use everything that shows up in their lives- good, bad, or otherwise to reach their next level of greatness. Dr. Dravon is a Transformation Specialist using her Everyday Peace philosophy to coach women on how to master goal attainment. She is the author of Freedom is Your Birthright.
As a leader in the healthcare industry for more than three decades, she is the recipient of the Secretary McDonough Coin of Recognition for her leadership efforts to combat the COVID pandemic, Radio Host of the “Dr. Dravon James Everyday Peace” live, weekly show on Unity Online Radio, coach on the SiriusXM “Road Dog Trucking” show, and an actress whose career credits include a recurring role on HBO’s acclaimed “The Wire”.
Dr. Dravon uses this training and experience to lead women to their victory, using the power of Everyday Peace to achieve their Next Level of Greatness in life and business.
Dr. Dravon’s journey began in poverty on the South Side of Chicago. Though she had always dreamt of a career on the stage, Dravon went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacy from Creighton University and has worked as a pharmacist all of her adult life. Along with her medical career and theatrical aspirations, Dr. Dravon has also always had a keen interest in personal development. After reading Norman Vincent Peale’s The Power of Positive Thinking in college, she went on to make a lifelong study of the power we all have to create the life we want.
- Check out Episode #43 with Dawn Campbell and her story about managing life when everything is falling apart.
Thank you for listening!
Please subscribe on iTunes and give us a 5-Star review! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mindset-and-self-mastery-show/id1604262089
Listen to other episodes here: https://chooseyourcalling.com/author/nickmcgowan/
Watch Clips and highlights: www.youtube.com/channel/UCk1tCM7KTe3hrq_-UAa6GHA
Guest Inquiries right here: email@example.com
– Your Friends at “The Mindset & Self-Mastery Show”