“I’m a professional certified man builder. That’s what I do. Now, Nick, you can imagine the response I get, especially if I’m sitting next to a female; what they say, I say I fix broken men. That’s what I do, and so it starts a great conversation, but they put the obvious question is, what is a professional certified man builder?”
In this episode, Dr. Joe Martin and I talk about what a “Man Builder” is and the obstacles men face when working toward becoming the best man they can be and living a life of purpose.
What to listen for:
- Dr. Joe’s background from child abuse to addiction, to divorce, to a long path of personal growth to ultimately helping men grow and heal
- The obstacles he’s seen having worked with men across the country and has recorded over 800 podcast episodes with men working on their “comeback story”
- The protocols and tips Joe has for his clients to actually heal… for good!
“I help men, particularly men of faith, win at what matters and frustrates and challenges them the most as men, as husbands, as fathers, as leaders of their home, in helping them grow as men. ”
- How faith and community can help or harm a man
- Listen as Dr. Joe discusses the ways he’s grown and changed throughout the years to lead him to where he is
- He talks about the experiences he’s had that qualifies him to do what he does today
“I would look at the broad picture of what I see a struggle with the most as men.”
- Dr. Joe goes through the most common obstacles and areas of growth for men today
- We discuss how passion can see passion and where we see that in life (food network, sports, etc..)
- Taking a deep dive into the struggles most men have, we can all find something to help us on our journey or help us start our journey
- He paints a very vivid picture of what it looks like to lose everything as a man and still not know what actually happened and what can actually be done to avoid that
“Start with one step at a time and build your team.”
- On your path toward self-mastery, Dr. Joe gives some sage advice on how to start
- We recall the 5 pillars of a healing man and what Dr. Joe believes to be the most important way to start your healing journey
- What it means to “build your team” and why it matters more than you may know
About Dr. Joe Martin
Joe is an award-winning international speaker, author, educator, and certified builder of men. He’s authored or co-authored nine books, including Are You the Man: 201 Lessons I Wish My Dad Would Have Taught Me; Man Accomplished: 50 Challenges to Help You Be the Man God Made You to Be; and Gifts & Handkerchiefs: A Lesson in Servant Leadership.
Thank you for listening!
Please subscribe on iTunes and give us a 5-Star review! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mindset-and-self-mastery-show/id1604262089
Listen to other episodes here: https://chooseyourcalling.com/author/nickmcgowan/
Watch Clips and highlights: www.youtube.com/channel/UCk1tCM7KTe3hrq_-UAa6GHA