Podcast (makeitinevitable): Play in new window | Download
“If you want to grow, you’re going to be stretched.”
In this episode, I’m talking about stretching yourself and navigating the tension of rapid growth. I’m personally moving through a season of massive expansion in all areas of my life, and feeling stretched is a constant theme. But I understand that there’s always tension in growth, and while sometimes that can feel painful and hard, it doesn’t mean anything is wrong. It doesn’t mean that what I want isn’t possible or I’m incapable of bringing it to life; it just means that I’m in the process of growing into more and calling in more aligned experiences.
Grab our AcuSesh™ repatterning album for doing hard things here.
Work through our Shift Your Story, Shift Your Life self-coaching guide here.
Read What Really Happened? to break free from interpretation and make the impossible happen.
Learn more and grab our Terror Barrier workbook at www.stepheniezamora.com/podcast/.
What to listen for:
- Stretching expands our capacity for more, better, and different
- There’s always tension in growth, but that doesn’t mean anything
- The importance of building a relationship with our emotions
“If you want to grow, to step into what it is that calls you, and make impossible things happen rapidly, you have to have a relationship to your emotions because you’re going to be stretched as an individual, as a leader, as a creative, as a partner, as a parent. You’re going to be stretched. And in that stretching, there will be tension, discomfort, even pain.”
- Being shaped more deeply into who we’re here to be
- Creating space for fluid movement and more energy
- Cultivating ease through understanding what’s happening
- Resistance will cause us to fight against what we say we want
- Not assigning meaning to the ways we describe the process
“We don’t even like to say things are going to be hard because we think we’re manifesting challenges. That’s not how it works. You’re stating a fact. I am about to stretch myself and my capacity. I’m about to step out of the known and familiar. There’s going to be tension to some degree, which means within that tension, there might be pain, there might be challenges and struggles and discomfort. Can you normalize that?”
- How to avoid activating your subconscious winning strategy
- Nothing is wrong with you, other people, or the situation
- Tension is not the same as resistance
- Knowing your subconscious stoppers so you stay in motion
“If you can look back and every time you’ve ever stopped, whether it was an external or an internal reason, you can start to unpack how your subconscious knows it can get you to stop. There’s no judgment. We all have a way that we stop.”
- Resting is self-care and not the same as stopping
- Staying plugged into the right energy and your desires
- You can feel fear and still be in the frequency of faith
- Giving yourself grace when you stop or give up
- Welcoming the triggers and stoppers that come up
- Your capacity needs to expand to do the impossible